When you think about diesel fuel, the first thing that usually comes to mind is big trucks on the highway. Or maybe it’s how high diesel fuel prices are when you stop for gas at the gas station. When we see those big trucks going down the road, it’s hard to imagine that they aren’t putting out some serious emissions into the air.
While diesel fuel itself may create some issues, a great alternative is bio diesel. It has been around since the 1980s and is a clean way to burn fuel without burning up the environment. If you already operate a vehicle that uses diesel fuel, here are some advantages of switching to bio diesel:
- Made from soy and vegetable oils, it burns clean, is environmentally friendly, and easy to use.
- Bio diesel emits 50-75% fewer pollutants than petroleum gas.
- It is bio-degradable, non-toxic, and made from 100% renewable resources, unlike fossil fuels.
- When you combine bio diesel fuel with petroleum gas, it helps the petroleum biodegrade more quickly.
- Bio diesel doesn’t contain sulfur, so it burns cleanly inside your vehicle, decreasing damage.
- Its lubricating properties can lengthen the life of your vehicle’s engine.
Converting to bio diesel is fairly simple-- if you already operate a diesel engine, you can just “go green” and switch! No new engines or pumps are necessary. At Bumgarner Oil, our team can discuss the benefits of switching and get you on your way to a cleaner fuel source. We serve both industrial and residential clients and look forward to talking with you!