There is constant discussion about using alternative fuel sources and creating a cleaner, greener environment around the globe. As a user of diesel fuel, you may be wondering if there is really any alternative for you that will help you drive more miles, protect your engine, and provide a cost-effective solution. In fact, bio diesel has quickly become a popular choice among those who must power their big rigs, industrial equipment, and commercial machinery each day – but what makes it so great? Here are five quick facts about bio diesel that you should know:
1. Bio diesel is made with natural vegetable and animal oils by modifying their chemical structure. It is not recycled fryer oil, but instead is processed to be suited for motor fuel.
2. The EPA, U.S. Department of Transportation, and virtually every industry and government entity recognize bio diesel as a viable alternative fuel source.
3. Burning significantly cleaner than regular diesel fuel, bio diesel is non-toxic and nearly carbon-neutral.
4. Using bio diesel in your equipment will lead to longer engine life and cleaner engine components due to its higher lubricating capabilities.
5. If you already use diesel fuel in your equipment, you can also run your equipment on bio diesel.
At Bumgarner Oil, we carry bio diesel and a variety of other automotive and industrial lubricants to meet the needs of our customers. If you are interested in learning more about this alternative fuel source or you would like to try it on your equipment, contact us or stop by today to get started.